Those would not be my studies.. smile

My experience with AB's and Barnes is rather thin other than watching other people use both ,since I have had Bitterroots and Partitions for decades now and consider either of the others more of a horizontal move than any kind of a step up for most stuff....so why bother?

I have certainly not been plagued with chest hit animals going anywhere meaningful when chest hit with a Partition nor a BBC ( one of which sheds weight while penetrating deeply and the other which sheds nothing at all but plows large wound channels in front of a big mushroom...both every effective IME).

Guess I would agree with what Jordan says above. wink

Here's one that made it all of maybe 15-20 yards and collapsed (saw it happen) from a frontal off hand chest hit at maybe 50 yards with a 130 NPT,quartering on...soft tissue all the way. Right along with a large exit with the blood trail everyone wants but not needed.

Not bad for a piss ant 270-130 that's not supposed to do that stuff. smile

[Linked Image]

Another one from last year killed as he crossed a swale on a trot ,with a shoulder shot and the same 270-130 NPT load off hand again at about 80 yards.....another exit and down so fast I lost it in recoil. Exit and no recovery.

I get these results uniformly,and from both bullets so have seen no need to change a thing on BG up to Alaskan Browns in size.

Nice thing has always been...if using the same rifle and going from (say) deer to elk or moose I just used the same load. I don't believe in "deer bullets". smile

[Linked Image]

Last edited by BobinNH; 06/21/16.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.