For the past 10 years or so I have primarily shot partitions in my hunting rifles with a few Accubonds sprinkled in. But during that same time I have loaded 140 Accubonds in a 270 win and 270 bee for my hunting partner and watched him take deer, elk, and antelope from spitting distance to 630 yards with zero problems.

I have used 180s in the 30/06 and 225s out of a 35 Whelen with no problems. In fact I will be shooting 140 Accubonds this fall out of my Kimber since they are shooting so well.

I shot a big bodied Colorado mulie buck with a 140 TTSX launched at 3250 from a 280AI. Hit him 3 times from just over 400 yards, twice mid body angled forward as he was quartering away heading into the oak brush. No blood on the ground and jumped him up twice before I could finish the deal. What does that tell me? Nothing. Sample of one and some deer are simply more determined and tougher than others.

However, I haven't had a critter hit forward of center with a Partition go more than a couple steps before giving it up. And the Accubonds I have used and watched used mirror my experience with Partitions. I would use them with complete confidence.