Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by sbhooper
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
It depends on the bullet as to whether the shoulder shot is ethical or not, IMO. A shoulder or shoulders deliberately shot with a C&C bullet proves you have no regard for a big game animal.

A monolithic will do far less meat damage and produce the same immediate drop when shot right through the shoulders...

Not knowing the difference is telling...

Well, It is nice to know that after all of these years, I just found out that I have no regard for big game animals. How does a quick death show lack of regard?

That is stupid statement.

The meat loss due to a C&C through the shoulder is ridiculous compared to a monolithic. I doubt you have seen the difference if you do not understand what I stated.

We understand perfectly well what you stated. You essentially say that we have no regard for an animal, if we shoot bullets that destroy some meat. I still say that was a stupid statement, unless you have a better explanation of what you meant.

I have shot elk and deer through the shoulders many times. On an elk, you will lose some, but rarely all of it unless you are shooting a speed demon. On deer, it is irrelevant, as there is a small amount of meat on the front shoulders anyway. I rarely lose both shoulders, even on a deer. I will take a quick kill and no blood trailing over saving a dinky bit of meat any day.

Monos are fine, but I get along real well with Accubonds, Partitions and Interlocks and until I am forced to do it, I will probably not shoot monos.

You did not "seen" anything, you "saw" it.
A "creek" has water in it, a "crick" is what you get in your neck.
Liberals with guns are nothing but hypocrites.