I've killed a handful of bull moose over the years with 180 gr and 200 gr Accubonds from a 300 RUM and 7.82 Warbird zipping along at 3300 and 3300 fps, not one bull needed a second shot and all were dumpded within feet of where they got plugged,

2012 I rebarreled the 300 RUM with an upgrade to the slam da hamma down 338 EDGE, could not get the Berger 300 gr OTM to shoot and tried the 300 gr Accubond got .625" 3 shot groups at 2900 + - fps and went with it, figuring a new barrel will season up after a hundred shots or so and yep, when I could do it, it was shooting 3/8" groups at 100 yards with two holes hugging hard and a third snuggled up close , passed up a number of good bulls lookin fer the "one", never found him and near the end of my hunt jumped a 53.5" raghorn bull on my atv trail and shot 'im at 35 yards, slammed him to the ground and no recovered bullet, not much meat damage just mush inside with some ribs wiped out on the offside,

next season 2013 blasted a couple black bears in the spring with the same load, one at 450 yards and again a pass through (see pics) bear ran maybe 50 yards and gave up the ghost, bullet holes in hide on entry and exit were nearly indistinguishable but again, mush innards and blasted ribs....... the other bear got whacked at 350 yards and no bullet recovered, he was up an avalanche slide and just tumbled all the way down, dead by the time he stopped, made for an easy recovery, no climbing ! same results as the other blackie...

that September I called a nice bull in to 100 yards and poked him in the ribs, same deal.... no recovered bullet but mushy lungs and missing a patch of ribs on the offside but exit hole through hide same size as entrance hole (see pics)

2014 and 2015 moose died from a reaction to lead and copper found in Berger's 300 gr Elite Hunter bullets, but that's another story.......

a few weeks ago I used up the remaining few rounds of that load I found in my truck and blasted some 1 us gallon water jugs at 50 yards... one round blew past 5 jugs and exited to the side and not recovered, the second slug blew through 5 jugs and was recovered in the 6th.... see pics for results, not too bad of a mouse trap and it don't need fixin' other than a long range version......

[Linked Image]]photobucket[/url]

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".