I've had three NULAs

308 with #1 contour, 30-06 #2, 257 Bob #2. All with Douglas barrels and all have shot very well. If you have any problems Melvin will make it right.

Personally, I would definitely do a Model 20 with #2 contour. It's a joy to carry. The 30-06 kicks too much for me to enjoy sitting around at the range shooting for fun but has never bothered me on game.

If Douglas barrels weren't accurate in his guns, Melvin wouldn't use them. However, he'll use whatever maker you won't.

I would talk to him about the 284 win. Last time he seemed to steer me towards the 708 because of brass which sounds like that it may be easier to find good 284 brass now. I would do the 708. For me, the difference in ballistics between the two is just a mental exercise. Practically it doesn't make a difference to me in the field because I don't shoot animals at long distances.

The model 20 has a three inch magazine so that gives a lot of flexibility when handloading. The 260 Remington with Lapua brass and a 3 inch magazine has all the right ingredients.

Last edited by herschel34; 06/27/16. Reason: Clarity