This thread reminds me why I don't participate much in the 24HCF these days. It's kind of like everyone is drunk on a different kind of booze.

My good friend Johnny is apparently the only one with good sense and that's a bloody-damned fact.

Anyway, the long action/short action argument is all sillyshit. It simply gets down to killing critters and that's what counts.

Blessings,

Steve

PS. By the way, I hunted in Quebec with Melvin Forbes once. He was using a ULA .30-'06 which I bought from him later and I was using a .280 Ackley. Mel killed a lovely webbed-tined bull whose rack was later eaten by turtles in his fish pond grin

I killed an ancient heavy-antlered bull by shooting him in the face at twelve FEET and a HUGE/WIDE bull at fifty yards or so. Both were glorious bull caribou, killed within about five minutes of each other and chosen from an incredible number of animals that surrounded us.

Mel and I seemingly were apparently the only guys with sharp knives on the hunt ... we gutted twelve of the bulls that the gunny-writers shot together. Mel held caribou legs and kept shoving Red Man in my mouth while I was using my George Herron Number Two and pulling guts.

Layne Simpson was on the hunt and I believe it was the first for his 7STW. He got powder burns on both of his bulls ... killed them both at less than fifty yards grin Hell, a .30-30 would have worked as well.

ST

"God Loves Each Of Us As If There Were Only One Of Us"
Saint Augustine of Hippo - AD 397