Kaleb,

It's not so much that deer "die differently" in other places, as the hunting itself might require something other than your idea of an ideal Tennessee deer rifle.

However, deer do get considerably larger elsewhere. I've personally taken two mule deer bucks as big-bodied as a mature cow elk. That doesn't make them harder to kill, but between where they live and how much deer a bullet might need to penetrate, your notion of an ideal rifle might not be ideal.

Jump to conclusions? If you really want to discuss this further, you should go back and read my posts again, slowly and carefully. I NEVER said "long action are so much better deer rifles." In fact I never said anything one way or the other about long actions or short actions--except that Model 20 NULA's aren't as much lighter as Model 24's (or even Model 28's) as many people think. Please point out where I posted anything slightly resembling "those who hunt deer with short action rifles are so stupid and a long action is such a superior choice."

Once again, YOU were the one that brought the idea that short actions are the ONLY actions for "well thought out rifles." I might be wrong, but can't recall any of the rest of the posters saying long-action rifles were the only way to go, and KNOW I didn't.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck