I'd love to hear how a long action is better and a short is such a terrible choice and why those who choose short actions are so foolish? See this chit goes both ways.

To answer your question I've deer and elk hunted with a good friend just outside huson Montana. I'll be their next week to pack in the bob for a week and fish. Oh didn't kill a elk did kill a little buck. That was a long action 280AI. Next year I went to Texas shot a larger buck and used a short action 22-250AI. So by expierence you must use a ackely chambering but short actions have produced larger deer for me. That's the only 2 deer I have ever shot....lol.

So back to my original statement. I feel like enough is plenty sometimes. I think a 280 is swell but how do you argue a 708 isn't? I think the 708 is a great round with a little less recoil. That could result in a more pleasant rifle to shoot? Might shoot the rifle a few more times? Might end up shooting it a little better? Might give more confidence? Might make better shots?

Why would a long action NULA be a wiser choice than a short? I mean while we're to opposites and putting words in each other's mouths and jump to conclusions about people and over react and get all upset about rifle advice on the Internet with strangers....lol