My 308 has a 1-10 twist, 22” #1 barrel and a Leupold 2.5-8 scope. It is a 1” rifle from the bench in my hands. I will be 73 this August and I am sure a younger better man could get it grouping better. To shoot it’s best from the bench, you need a soft front rest (towel) and firm holding for the best grouping. When hunting it I hang it upside down on my left shoulder with my arm in the sling so when I bring it up to shoot, I have it with a “hasty sling” wrapped around my left forearm and pulled into my right shoulder. Like I said before it comes up like an upland bird shotgun. It has always been “minute of deer” hunting!

I have only fired factory ammo in it so far. But I am going to load up some Barnes M/LE RRLP 150 GR fragmentation bullets and try them out this summer on the jackrabbit population that have exploded this year where I hunt in West Texas. With me walking and shooting at running jackrabbits, I may find that I am not “minute of rabbit” even thou the NULA is! My tall trigger stick will be with me for those long setting shots.

NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member