Originally Posted by kenjs1
Look, I keep looking at binoculars and mention a new company that piqued my curiosity and had a great chat with its founder. So I shared that.

Their rep comes on respectfully seeking input and answering questions- paying attention and doing everything we complain about other company's not doing.

No less of a person than Doug from Cameralnd has great things to say about the founder of that company.

If you can't politely welcome someone like this, or that endorsement isn't enough for you to generate interest thats fine. Just leave it to friendlier people whose kids manage to smile in photos their father's take. These are the folks who get the concept of a campfire.

I guess now I am supposed to say - hint

So you welcome every door-to-door salesman with open arms? Do you have a pleasant conversation with every telemarketer who calls at dinner time? Your driveway is full of lemons that every used-car salesman has 6-pounded your ass on?

It doesn't take much to identify the snake oil in the Tract line of riflescopes.... for the paltry sum of 500-800 clam. The claims of "equal to Swaro".... "Tracks perfectly (in a 2" box)".... "the guide loved them so much he wanted to keep them".... "Lifetime warranty".... is a line of drivel spouted by every optics company introduced in the past 20 years. NONE of them have lived up to any of those lofty assertions.... how is this any different?

There'll always be those who can read sign.... and those who're destined to wear one....

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......