Originally Posted by RickyD
Originally Posted by MojoHand
Originally Posted by RickyD
Originally Posted by MojoHand
New survey reveals interesting (but not surprising) statistics about religion in America.

http://www.prri.org/research/prri-rns-2016-religiously-unaffiliated-americans/
Religion fails everyone. Church's fail most. A relationship with the God of all Creation, made possible by the sacrifice of His Son Jesus, and nurtured by the Holy Spirit fails no one. Even you.

Interesting that despite this being the core fundagelical claim, many are still rejecting and leaving 'religion'. Most of whom (according to the survey) are doing so because they reject the idea of a personal God and/or the teachings of the 'faithful'.

Not according to the article you posted:

"Despite their lack of connection to formal religious institutions, most unaffiliated Americans retain a belief in God or a higher power."

All unaffiliated means is they are no longer affiliated with a denomination, not that they are now atheists.

I get that many are disenfranchised by incorrect the teaching of churches and stated in my post that churches fail many.

All this article proves is many, like me, have left traditional denominations for groups that truly rightly divide the word. I'm also sure that many just leave their denomination and are left confused and broken in their faith. Sad, but inevitable, in these times.

It doesn't matter one way or the other to me. I know what is true by my experiences that validate my faith. That you don't, no doubt is the reason you and others believe they have to denigrate the faith of those who hold it. Carry on. Most Christians on here are of rock solid faith and posts like this are not even a speed bump in their awesome walk with the God of All.

Reading comprehension is not your strength.

Read further into the article and look at the deeper trends. As Curdog's generation die off, as Generation Z joins the rank of this survey age, the trend will only accelerate.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell