Originally Posted by RickyD
Originally Posted by Gus
Originally Posted by RickyD
Originally Posted by Gus
there's a lot to it. there's little to no doubt about that. for instance, most kings & monarchs of the world claim they're descended from gods (or are appointed by God in a few cases).

even it's been said that the royal family of england is descended from god. my folks got banished from scotland due to the king of england. so, if he's a direct descendent of god, where does that leave us descendents of protestants that he kilt?
I don't believe any monarch of Christian lineage has ever claimed to be a descendant of God, but have believed themselves ordained to rule by God, and there is scripture for that. Certainly, most kings took it further than intended, which gave rise to the divine right of kings doctrine. Christians are in lineage with God, but by the adoption of salvation, being heirs and joint heirs with Christ. Obviously, none of us live up to that gift but is something to strive for and perhaps the reason.

we agree an awful lot of past kings/monarchs/queens claimed a divine right to rule. whether direct descendent of the gods, or appointed by the divine. we also know that most if not all encouraged their serfs, or commoners to know & believe that. and if they refused to accept that trifling detail, the king's legions were pointed at them for further indoctrination. in the christian world, i believe the pope serves under divine right, at least according to his bureaucracy.
Not to offend my catholic campfire brothers but, it was not a good time. It was the dark ages, and that was the worst of "modern" times. But the one thing that even those self-absorbed medieval monarchs knew, was they could not bow the knee to islam. Now look at Europe. Their insane rulers nearly begging the hordes of islam to come and put their subjects to the sword. We won't be far behind. The abomination of desolation is nearly upon us.

Are we for certain the scripture was correctly interpreted?

Had the correct interpretation been, "...the Obamanation of desolation..."?

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin