Originally Posted by BRISTECD
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by BRISTECD
The word religion or religious is mentioned only 7 times in he King James bible. In most instances, it was in a derogatory manner. Jesus wasn't looking for religious people, he was looking for sinners in need of salvation. Muslims are religious, buddists are religious, mormons are religious....in fact, there are over 20,000 different religions in the world. But there is only ONE way to get into heaven and you CAN'T earn it....it is a free gift that you either accept or reject. Most people are trying to be "good enough", hoping their good deeds outweigh the bad, but it doesn't work like that. All our good deeds are like filthy rags before a holy God. God sent his son, Jesus Christ, to die for the sins of the world. Belief in Christ as a person is not how you get saved, even the devils believe. Uou must accept that you are a sinner, cannot save yourself, that Christ died for you, arose from the grave. He gave his life in your place because you had no way to get to heaven on your own. Allah had no son and is a false god at best.

Vicarious redemption.

You were bad, so let's murder an innocent......yea....that doesn't really make any sense......

You are right, it does not make sense. But God said " without the shedding of blood there is no remission for sins". God also said his ways are hgher than your ways and beyond finding out, so I expect we'll just have to believe he knows best how to forgive sins.

No.

I don't have to believe anything without sufficient reason, and there is no sufficient reason to believe the all powerful, all knowing all kind creator of the universe could not forgive without the shedding of blood.

In addition, your assertion that his ways are beyond finding out is an assertion without evidence, that can be dismissed without evidence.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell