Originally Posted by bellydeep
Originally Posted by Trystan

I personally think MPBR is rather useful and I sight nearly all my rifles to hold at top of back at 300 yds. For most bullets traveling 2700 or thereabouts it ends up being close to a 200 yd zero.

Trystan

I wasn't quoting Stick for his opinion on rifles and cartridges. I was quoting him for his quote.

I did, however, quote BobinNH for his opinion on rifles and cartridges, the point of which was to reinforce the position that if you haven't had animals hit cover before you had time to range them with a LRF, you haven't hunted much. Just as Bob said, even in the era of laser rangefinders, high velocity can be useful.

You may have missed where I say I personally think MPBR is useful IMO. I was agreeing with you and Bobin and others. My post wasn't intended to prove anyone wrong I was only making reference to the fact that no matter what anyone says Stick is going to counter with the do nothing gang stuff 😀

Trystan

Last edited by Trystan; 10/27/16.

Good bullets properly placed always work, but not everyone knows what good bullets are, or can reliably place them in the field