I've told this before here. I'd shot a bull up on a steep hillside in snow. The pack job involved getting it down to the creek where there was a good trail and then about 3/4 of mile out. It wasn't a terrible job.
After dressing it, I took out the antlers on my 1st trip out to get my pack frame. When we got to the pickup, a couple guys stopped by to see the antlers. I told them what I was going to do to get the rest out.
Later, I got the quarters down to the creek by skidding them down in the snow. I got down with the last of it and found one of the guys standing there with 2 horses. He asked if he could 'borrow' my elk. The horses were 2 colts that had never packed meat and he wanted to get them some experience. I went deep into thought for 1.5 seconds and said 'OK!!'. It was a big clear area just right for a rodeo should one occur. However, he held the horses heads while I loaded the panniers. No problems at all. We were back to the pickup in less than 1/2 hour. I was more than glad to help him with his training dilemma.

On the other side, I've never had the occasion to help a stranger with a complete pack job but several times I've helped strangers load elk or hang them in trees. I figure it all comes around sooner or later.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.