It usually works both ways. I was in elk camp one year where there were just two camps- very remote spot; my buddy and I in one and two older gentlemen from Tucson. One worked at Kit peak observatory and the other taught at UofA. They were both 70s. They have a main trail that they manage to kill elk on by watching the bulls coming up a ridge and intercepting them. I had a horse in camp and I didn't even ask them, I just went and packed it back to camp.

They went with me to get my elk a couple days later - I guess they felt obligated.

I have packed a lot of stuff for people that needed help over the years.

A couple of years ago I killed a small 6x7 in an OTC unit and was by myself. I saw a guy on a horse that I had heard of but not met. I asked him if I could borrow a horse for a minute. I rode one to the bull and used it to pack the meat to the road. I tied him up for about 2 hours. It would have taken me all day.

Just Saturday I had a bull down and a bad knee. As my buddy walked to the truck to get game bags he ran into a couple of guys we had met the night before. They hauled him to his truck, back to the bull, waited while I finished quartering and hauled us and the bull to his truck. I hope I can repay the favor someday.

Last edited by dennisinaz; 11/30/16.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.