>>"I just don't understand why anybody would put a high magnification scope on a small game rifle as not many hunters can successfully take out squirrel size game at 100+ yards with a 22lr."<<

I'll tell ya why, with a .22 it's not always about shooting squirrels. If one's idea of fun is to take out a .03" dot at 50 yards, it helps to be able to see that tiny dot. I started out my .22 benchrest hobby using that Cooper with that scope. Even tho I haven't competed with that rifle for over 10 years, I have kept that scope on there because the rifle is accurate enough that it can take advantage of that extra magnification. Most of the time it's left on 6X for when it's employed for pest duty, but when I take it to the range, it's not too much scope at all. For me, what is aesthetic, is a nice 0.1" group or pinwheeling that tiny dot. I do have some plinking .22s and they all have 4-12X AO scopes on them, and that is fine for them as they are not capable of taking advantage of the extra magnification.

Last edited by cooper57m; 11/29/16.