Originally Posted by 1minute
I agree on max power and AO or parallax adjustment. When one is doing fine shooting on tiny targets like young ground squirrels, parallax can be a significant issue. I see no reason to give them any advantage what so ever.

My experience with the inexpensive Tasco's is that point of impact shifts with any change in power. Leave the power ring alone, however, and they are fine for the task.

This is what Bob at Bob's Accuracy Shop thought. I took him my new Tasco 4-16X so he put it in his scope testing device. He fiddled with it and adjusted it up to 15X. I asked why he didn't turn it up. He said all the cheap scopes blur out on the top magnification. I turned it up and asked him to look again. It was crystal clear. He ran the magnification adjustment and the crosshair didn't move. He twisted the adjustable objective and the crosshair didn't move.

Occasionally I have told people, "I will buy a Tasco and send it to you." After awhile if you still like it you can send me the money. Otherwise send me the scope. To me they are the best optic value for the average shooter.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter