Here is my initial reply to the OP's question, which I understood very well.

>>"Buy a rimfire scope or an moderately priced scope with an adjustable objective. Most of the shooting with a .22 will be under 50 yds and most scopes are parallax free at 100 yds. I have a Bushnell Trophy 4-12 on mine. All my .22 have adjustable objective scopes."<<

The thread drifted a bit (as they tend to do) with some talking about aesthetics and questioning why someone would put a large magnification scope on a .22 lr. The .22 is an amazing little round that is capable of great accuracy in a rifle with a match chamber and with match ammo. With such a rifle, one may want to challenge themselves and find the true accuracy potential of the lowly .22 lr. If one is tempted to try to shoot at little targets or shoot for little groups with a .22, a scope with an AO and high magnification is very desirable, and for some situations, necessary. For more casual shooting, a 4X scope that is parallax-free at 50 yards will do very nicely. It all depends on what you want to do with your little .22. Sometimes a nice accurate .22 will start you on a journey to see just what you and that little cartridge are capable of doing together.

ps, Sitka deer, thanks for the kind words.

Last edited by cooper57m; 11/29/16. Reason: ps