Originally Posted by AlaskaCub
Jim your entire description of the guys you work with is what most guys here were before they found the campfire!

Before finding this forum I never even knew what a ballistic coefficient was nor did I care. I never analyzed a scopes ability to return to zero , never looked for the bullet that killed whatever I shot to see how well it held together and I damn sure never turned a turret. This forum in addition to being very expensive can provide a lot of insight and intracies that most hunters don't even think about. I've said it many times on this topic, my father in law is a perfect example of the men you describe. 50 years of killing mule deer, elk,antelope, bear and mt lion from Wyoming to Utah and couldn't even begin to tell you things like the BC of the bullet he was shooting, eye relief on the scope he was using, what bedding a rifle means, etc. Yet he fed his family for several decades on wild game and has killed semi trucks full of elk and deer over those 50 years. I'd don't know that you'd call him a serious hunter, but when feeding the family depended on what he brought home , he was definitely serious about hunting.

Question is:

How far are you from being (going) full circle? I think I'm rounding the bend...