Originally Posted by Sheister
Not sure what is considered a "serious" hunter, but I once knew this guy, we'll call him Jim. He came from Idaho, along with other folks from all over 24hourcampfire to hunt elk in Oregon.
He hunted as hard as anyone in camp but about the third day it snowed so darned hard we all had to adjourn to camp for a while as hunting was just out of the question. Like most guys in camp that year, when we weren't hunting we were talking about hunting. I think it was about 5 degrees out that day and we were huddled under my trailer awning talking hunting and generally trying not to get completely covered up in snow.( I think 2 feet fell that day and the wind blew hard enough to break the tops out of big pine trees)

So, this fella Jim is so engrossed in talking hunting and telling stories that he didn't even notice that the heater had set his brand new wool hunting pants on fire -while he was wearing them. Well, we got the fire put out and he went right back to telling stories and BS'ng just like nothing ever happened.

Sounds like a serious hunter to me........ wink

Bob
Could be, different folks see different things, but he sounds more like a serious BS'er to me. wink

Ya know, I truly don't mind at all that you and others bring this story up from what was it, 17-18 years ago? Just promise me that you won't sneak into a graveyard some night and inscribe it on my tombstone...

"Here lies Jim in Idaho,
He burned his pants and didn’t know."

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!