Originally Posted by BobinNH
Ever hear of passing up animals you didn't care to shoot? I can do that in New England, too. And did it in New York.

I've killed a lot of grouse over the years......Maine, NH, Mass, and Vermont. Big deal.

I never said there was anything wrong with hunting New York, but to suggest you're some king of "serious" hunter " because that's the only place you hunt, and Im some kind of scrub because I hunt at home and also travel around and manage to kill a big deer once in awhile is illogical.

I was in Eastern NY a few weeks ago....didn't see you LOL. I asked around. No one ever heard of you....... crazy
Well for starters I'm not in Eastern NY. As with the deer, it might help if you looked in the right places. Nobody around here ever heard of you either, including me. If you were the great white hunter you like to think you are, you would have been able to find a shooter buck in NY. Remember your incoherent, nonsensical rant about the overpopulated, retarded, inbred deer in NY ? Well I do and it appears they bested you now doesn't it ? I don't know exactly where in NY you hunted but from your description it sounded like central or Western NY farmland. I have friends who hunt the Cortland and finger lakes areas every season and they kill bucks in the 125-150 inch range pretty regularly. If you came here expecting to find better, you aren't terribly bright. I suggest you look up an article by Charles Alsheimer entitled "120 inch booners" for a more realistic view of what constitutes a trophy in much of NY's southern zone. As for me, I coud give a shyt less. I've never been a trophy hunter. Just a hunter who has killed a few big ones for the area over the years. I've killed alot of other ones that were just eaters and they're just fine with me.