Gentlemen,
When I used the phrase "serious hunter" I was thinking of someone who spends more time and money planning and going hunting than spending time and money amassing lots of rifles.

One really good hunting rifle chambered for the right cartridge will do most everything. I always chuckle at the guys who are building 375's and bigger for hunts they will never make. I suspect this is the case with guys who have a rifle in every bore size. It is a fine hobby to be rifle accumulators and assemblers but I haven't met any who do both.

Once I looked in my safe and counted parts for 26 builds. I sold everything and started going. That said, I still fool around with rifles but never have more than 3 or 4. One goes before I get another. Right now I have 2 hunting rifles.

I had a 7 RM, one of Echols Legend models. It was reliable and well built. No drama. I let a guy have it who wanted one. Shouldn't have sold it.

I had less in it than the fellas who have 5 or more safe queens. And it got taken everywhere.

Last edited by RinB; 01/26/17.

“Perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away”.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery. Posted by Brad.