Originally Posted by huntsonora
If you're a serious hunter you have to have a strong social media game. Facebook alone isn't enough and Instagram is a must. You need to be proficient with hashtags and use phrases like "liveforit" and "keephammering" a lot. You need to be able to listen to rap music, wear true religion jeans and flat brimmed hats and a Mohawk or some kind of hair coloring helps to set you apart and let people know that you're "more serious" than the rest. You don't really need to kill anything and you can kill small animals and then hashtag stuff like "organic" and "feedthefamily" because that kind of stuff is important. Don't forget to jump right into shed hunting. Only serious hunters brave waist deep snow when animals are at their most vulnerable to go try to find a dropped antler

I'll just play devils advocate here as I have met some of these type of guys at the various expo's and shows. While their style and approach isn't really my cup of tea, I'm not who they post for. Their target demographic is 18-34 year olds so I missed it by three years. That age group is EXPLODING when it comes to new hunters and these social media hunters are really help to drive that growth. They are exposing a huge population to hunting and making it cool, which is good for us all.

When you look at the sheer numbers these guys are generating it is mind blowing. The guys at HUSHIN will post a video on youtube and in a week it has 100,000 views! Think of that. Any Senator would love to be able to have that kind of reach. Cameron Hanes has THE NUMBER ONE SPORTS PODCAST on Itunes, and he only has 8 episodes. That is crazy. A hunting podcast is beating ESPN, Fox Sports, etc. He mentioned in a interview that he has more viewers in LA and New York City combined than the rest of the country. He couldn't believe it. People in the big cities that traditionally would be ignored by hunting companies are tuning in en masse to listen about hunting.

So while these more visible hunters with their silly flat hats and corny sayings are a little much for most of us, they are influencing a massive amount of people and converting them to hunters - massive as in MILLIONS. We as hunters should never bash other ethical hunters as that plays right into the Anti's agenda. Don't think for a minute had the Democrats won power they wouldn't hesitate to pass all sorts of hunting restrictions. So let these goofy new age hashtaggn youtubing flat brim hat energy drinking hunters do their thing because frankly they are winning the hearts and minds of millions of people for us.

Last edited by STS45; 01/26/17.

"Never miss the opportunity to shut the f$%K up." Colonel Hopewell.