Originally Posted by Ruger77Shooter
I met a guy right at 30 years ago in a fried chicken place in a near by large town. It was in late December. Our deer season at that time ran from the 1st weekend in Nov. and ran through the 1st of January. We began to talk about deer hunting. I don't know how many rifles he had nor what caliber/brand of rifle he used. However, he told me he had missed only 2 days of hunting that season and it was only because his wife had been in the hospital for those 2 days. He said it was 2 of the most miserable days of his life...lol. To me, that's pretty serious.

somewhat in the same vein, an oldie but a goody...............

I was walking down the street when I was accosted by a particularly dirty and shabby-looking homeless man who asked me for a couple of dollars for dinner.

[Linked Image]

I took out my wallet, extracted ten dollars and asked,"If I give you this money, will you buy some beer with it instead of dinner?"

"No, I had to stop drinking years ago," the homeless man replied.

"Will you use it to go fishing instead of buying food?" I asked.

"No, I don't waste time fishing," the homeless man said.."I need to spend all my time trying to stay alive."

"Will you spend this on hunting equipment?" I asked.

"Are you NUTS!" replied the homeless man. "I haven't gone hunting in 20 years!"

"Well," I said, "I'm not going to give you money. Instead, I'm going to take you home for a shower and a terrific dinner cooked by my wife."

The homeless man was astounded. "Won't your wife be furious with you for doing that?

I replied, "Don't worry about that. It's important for her to see what a man looks like after he has given up drinking, fishing and hunting."

now that's serious!

ya!

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 01/26/17.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.