Originally Posted by high_country_
Originally Posted by 4ager
I'm not making a religious argument, as I am basing the argument on fundamentalist American ideals and not on religion. I've not once based my opposition to abortion on any faith. You're trying to paint it that way, and it's completely false. Since there is no religious basis to my argument, there is no need to cite any verses.

As to being fundamentally American; yep, that's my argument. I believe that all people within the United States (which includes the children in question) are protected are entitled to the same protections under the Constitution, the same rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, and that none are more or less equal than others.

Your position is directly counter to that.

You are correct. I don't believe that anyone without any documentation showing they are American deserve any of the constitutional rights.

The problem with allowing you to control another person's decision on abortion is that opens the door for them to control your decisions. We've seen it with Obama's administration, no more large pop's because they're bad for you....etc.

Given the right lawyers and courts we could lose alcohol, tobacco and firearms. Think guns protection by the 2a saves us? If the argument that lead, noise, flash.....etc are all dangerous to health and you're suddenly facing the same fight as the libs are on abortion.

I'll just stick to running my life and let people enjoy and suffer their decisions.

Tony,

I respect you, and your opinions. Could you, perhaps, flesh out how you equate having a child within the US protected under the Constitution from being put to death out of mere convenience is connected to the repeal of the 2A? I'm just not following that line of thinking.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.