Originally Posted by Seafire
Down here you'll see groups like that, that the local Methhead shoot a 3 shot group like that at 10 yds with a scope and then claim its a ten shot group at 100 yds... when someone claims that no big deal, the next time they'll claim that they shot it at 200 yds..

I've seen guys at the range showing everyone a group like that and claim they shot it with their SKS or AK and claim it to be 10 shots at 100 to 150 yds....

don't know who they are trying to impress, but somehow enough of them seem to feel the need...

but Boomer.. nice group...

If boomer says he shot it at a 100 yards, i have no reason to doubt it. We see a lot of funny chidt at the range. No doubt about that at all. I could tell you stories. Even when we are shooting competition, we have had some funny chidt happen with new club members. One incident i remember very clearly was when we were shooting a centerfire shoot and a couple new members were there getting sighted in. They asked if they could shoot while we were having our shoot and being nice guys, we said sure, until the mo fos started shooting my competition target:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Those guys with their AR's damn near got kicked out. Along with their negligent discharge that landed 3 feet in front of the benches!!!! Then a couple weeks ago, I was shooting my AR15 with irons sights. There was a new member there with her boyfriend. They were both very nice people. Glad to meet them. They had questions about our club and I talked to them for a while. A couple of my friends were also there. What was funny about the new people was the girlfriend was giving the boyfriend schidt about me out shooting him with my irons sights. This younger guy (in his late 20's very early 30's) seemed offended, as he was a marine and "he knew how to shoot". His rifle just wasn't cooperating. He made the comment that if his "sniper" buddy was there, he would give me a run for my money. I didn't realize the girlfriend had been giving him chit about his shooting until about 20 minutes and a few targets in. They were 2 benches to my left. Had one of my friends between us at the other bench. Anyway, I was pretty focused on making good hits on the x ring with irons, but when I realized what the grilfriend and boyfriend were saying, I had to get a good laugh out of it. I told my buddy I hope his AR shot as well as mine did. He's a retired airborne ranger. I don't think those guys did as much shooting as other branches of the military do. As for guys shooting 10 yards and saying they shot at 100 yards, I don't know if guys do that at my club because we set up targets at 100 yards on our range. If they are wanting to shoot 10 yards, then maybe they can go to the pistol range. I figure if a guy has to lie about his shooting abilities and do something shady like you are suggesting, he will suffer from karma in the worst way imaginable... Oh, heres a target from that day when I was shooting my AR15 with irons:
Since this is my thread and that is a 223 rem load, I'll share that data with you guys. I've been using this particular load for quite some time now. I guess since I started shooting AR's, which hasn't really been too long. For some reason, this Noveske really likes these 69gr sierra match kings. Here's one of the first groups I shot with this rifle, back when It was wearing a scope:

The thing I really like abou this load is it has proven itself in a few different rifles. Even a couple bolt actions. Here are a couple more AR's that love it:

And then recently with the same exact load:

So for this thread, it seems fitting that I show off that load. Its a good one. It has proven itself to be very consistent shooting in at least 5 different rifles...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA