Originally Posted by gunner500
Just came in last night at dark-thirty putting up the last of the 64gr nosler bondeds in LC brass, it and the 62gr bear claw both leave Wifes 16" AR house guns at 2750 fps with 25gr power pro varmint powder, wsr primers and both seated at the top of crimp groove.

Great little SD loads that would do pretty good duty for two or four legged vermin, 2750 may not sound like much, if we think of something traveling near 9 football fields in one second running into something traveling no fps, it's going to make an impression, with 20-22 inch barreled bolt rifles it may be in excess of 3100 fps for a little flatter trajectory, both bullets/loads land in a silver dollar circle at 50 yards through leupold delta point and eo-tech 556 sights, i cant see to shoot any better with those fuzzy bassturds, they both excel with both eyes open short range shooting.

Sounds pretty good gunner. Those bearclaws are great bullets. I'm still slinging one of my favorite loads in my AR's. This load also worked very well in my bolt guns. My buddy just sent me a video of his young boy shooting the bolt action Savage I sold him with the ammo I loaded for him. Its funny how this load just works. Here is how it does in one of my AR's with a barrel I got from another buddy. First round tests show it to be a great shooting barrel, and of course good load:

100 yard first group:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

400 yards:

Its not my AR comp load, but it performs quite well. I don't know if I posted this load in my OP, but it's a great one I've been using since I started using and loading for AR's. Here's a rendition of it with R-P brass and CCI BR4 match grade primers:

I just scrolled through the 12 years of posts and loads. Look like some good ones. I want to thank everyone for contributing. For those looking for a good load for your 223, you might find it in this thread.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA