Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by LBP
Originally Posted by kwg020
I bought a 1/12 twist Remington ADL about 5 years ago. I just started trying some different loads. It has pretty much lived in the gun locker for the last 5 years. I have found the Speer 52 grain HP's seem to shoot the best between 2800 and 2900 fps. 2 loads I really like are 24.4 3031 and 24.6 AA2460 shooting the 52 grain Speers. I have tried some 60 grain Noslers with various powders and the best I can do is 3" so they are out. 55 grain soft point Hornady's are showing some promise with AA2460 but the 52 grain Speers are the winner so far. I just upgraded my scope so I will try some 50 grain soft points I just picked up. Great post.

kwg

Try some 63 gr Sierras they’re accurate in every 22 cf I’ve tried them in.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

THIS

If you want a heavier bullet for deer or hogs and such I have had consistently good luck with this bullet, and it shoots fine in your basic 1 in 12 twist, at any altitude. Accuracy and performance on game are both consistently good. The only Sierra bullet that I truly like.

Like Ingwe, I find the same results, and the other bullet I like as much is the 70 gr SMP Speer. With 29 grains of H 380, and a small rifle primer MV is around 2900 fps out of my 24 inch barreled bolt actions. If I have to use a 223 for game hunting, this is the load I grab. Even if an old thread...

and it was over at midnight... but happy Birthday Tom.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez