Originally Posted by isaac
If the above didn't help at all Mike, try this:
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reasonable_person

Couple things are hapening here:
One is the establishment/political partisians are adept at putting words and/or intent into the mouths of others.

Like my mom used to say when she was mad: "I'm going to crown you!", as in bop me on top of the head or something.

In todays legal/politically correct world, a lawyer can/will immediately twist and describe this as 1) Premeditated intent of a violent act (murder, etc) and 2) That my mom was going to cave in my head with a weapon........

Same thing is happening with this RP debate (notice how the political partisian/establishment types are obsessed with RP and not their own candidate?). For example, when RP says let's get out of the Middle East, this is mis-described as pacifist. That is spin of the biggest sort.

When RP says let's do away with a federal department, the partisians/status quo folks ignore the fact this was likely the domain of states to begin with--and the feds have pre-empted the states role.

I get a kick out to the social conservatives who decry one segment of welfare folks on the government gravy train, yet ignore other segments (a more wealthy segment) who are every bit as dependent on government largess.

It appears to me there is a much greater than normal dissatisfaction with government currently, or maybe a realization that government doesn't have the ability to address certain issues important to the citiizens.

Meanwhile, the partisians/status quoists continue spinning business as usual--trying to tear down the other guy in the vain hope it makes their own guy and their own positions look better.

By painting a gloom and doom picture of consequences if the "other guy" wins, the More-Of-The-Same folks scare the other side into voting for them.......and then they wonder why there is so much dissatisfaction out there...........

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.