Originally Posted by EdM
I have a boxed Ruger Buckeye 32-20/32 H&R due to arrive on Monday. A fit to my 38-40/10MM Buckeye. More later.

I had one of each bought used from a fellow member of the gun club who apparently got some skeeter-borne blood disease on safari in Africa and decided to sell some of his guns 'cause he figured his good buddies would rob his widow blind. He got sick but now seems .. better. First thing I did was tear both guns apart and clean their innards. The .32 version had an unacceptable amount of rust inside. With that gone and a trigger job done, I did some shooting with it looking for an accurate load. What I found was accuracy but not enough sight adjustment, the front sight was already too short and other than an 85 grain XTP at absolute warp speed from the .32-20 case, I couldn't get the sight adjustment and impact to coincide. I sold it. The .327 Federal had just come out and I decided the 7-1/2" single six was a better option. I wish now, with hindsight, that I'd just scoped the Buckeye special.

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...