Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
While I went out in the super crappy weather yesterday to shoot the G21.5,

it was blowing snow and crap sideways***

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I finished up by shooting a couple cylinders of ammo through my Ruger LCR at a paper plate set at about a car lengths distance. Maybe 7 yards. I was shooting my 100 grain poly coated wadcutter loads. It just impresses me what a significant difference there is between these little .32 WCs and your typical .38 loads.

The Ruger just stacks them in there.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I kind of get a kick out of how small the holes are. smile

Really looking forward to getting my hands on one of the Lipsey's Ultimate J Frames.

What do you think you'd see for gel penetration if you stepped those wadcutters down to S&W long velocities? That 24 inches at magnum velocities is impressive.

If you handload, which it looks you are with the component cache, the 32 Long can be stepped UP when the gun in question is geared to it, pretty much like the H&R.

The H&R isn't really a magnum, but definitely beyond a standard factory loaded Long, which generally runs out of poop for penetration.

With 115gr bullets and Unique class powder, the Long case can nip at the heels of the H&R. Seated to 32 H&R length, its essentially identical in a gun capable of plus p plus 38 pressure.
Most 32s made after WWII fit that category, since the same guns are chambered in 38.