Originally Posted by gnoahhh
Originally Posted by mart
The Diamondback in a 32 would not have been a good idea. It would have been a great idea.

Amen, brother, Amen.

I've avoided the .327 Federal rabbit hole thus far. "You can shoot .32 Longs and H&R's in it too", they say, but what of that loooooong bullet jump from case mouth to throat (if accuracy better than "minute of tin can" is the goal)? Just wondering. Obviously I haven't done it, any input on that account? (Bearing in mind my proclivity for mild .32 target loads.)

Being a fanboy of .32's in general, the .327 intrigues the heck out of me, but in another way - as a chambering in a heavy barrel single shot with a fast twist and 150-165 grain cast bullets for 100 and 200 yard work. Many fellas are employing the .32-20 in such a role these days and to my thinking the hell-for-stout Federal case would offer an advantage over the relatively thin walled .32-20. I hear noise about the .32-20 case not standing up to that abuse for very long.

I’ve never ventured into the 327 realm. I have thoroughly enjoyed my two 32 H&R mags, one a single six and the other a 631. I have always had in my mind that I’d like to find a K32 but at current prices, if one could be found, I’ll have to keep enjoying the 32s I have.

However if Colt ever offered a four inch Diamondback in 32 H&R, I’d be selling a kidney and as much unvaxxed blood as I could afford to live without. Might even start eying the wife’s jewelry.

Last edited by mart; 02/27/24.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.