I have used 140gr ballistic tips out of my 7mmstw's for over 20 head of deer antelope and sheep.I have taken 5 elk and 2 moose with 180gr ballistic tips out of my 300ultramags.I have never had a bullet failure to date and not one animal has covered 50 yards after being hit.

Why do I choose the ballistic tip over the partition?The simple answer is that partitions do not shoot well in my rifles.

In spite of the good performance that ballistic tips have given me I would not use them on a grizzly hunt.When hunting deer,moose or elk I can pick and choose my shots and the chance of being attacked is remote.Grizzly hunting however is a different situation and since I won't be shooting grizzly at long distance I will choose my bullet based on performance and not accuracy.At this point my choice would probably be the failsafe as they easily out penetrate even the partition and seem to expand very reliably at high velocity.

Now that nosler is releasing the new accubond in 140gr-7mm and 180gr-.308" I will be trying those bullets as soon as they become available as the idea of ballistic tip accuracy with partition performance is certainly worth trying.