Not only is the problem that people can't take care of themselves - they don't want to know!

They don't have the skills to do things for themselves and rather than learn them they spend $$$$ to go on an "extreem" vacation. Usually just walking over a hill and spending a night or two in a tent with a "survival guide" . All of this could/can be learned in the boy scouts.

Heck pick up a book or bother to ask "Hows that work?" rather than " What's a tire jack, why can't somebody help me raise my kids - its the schools job!!" You get the point.

My point exactly!

Growing up I thought milking the cows, slopping the hogs, feeding the chickens and cleaning out the hen house was "normal", not to mention chores, field work and going to school. ( No I did not walk miles in all kinds of weather uphill both ways) I did ride a horse or drove the "old" pickup when I got older. A week in the woods hunting was a welcome rest from REAL work and dint need no guide to do it!

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me