JIT was used and cancelled at USRAC before you were old enough to flip burgers Liar. Just because a newspaper-funded, pimple faced kid wasn't at their facility taking notes and writing articles on the subject, so you could sit naked in your bean bag chair eating cheetos, surfing the web, don't mean it didn't happen.

Why would they cancel it you ask? Because the system is terribly flawed for anyone, other than the general contractor of a job. Subcontractors must make lots of parts and then sit on them, or they spend all their money setting up and tearing down, requiring that they charge more per part to offset the downtime and lack of productivity.
If they make lots of parts, they're out raw materials, disposable tooling and labor, until they can recoup the costs down the line when the parts are allowed to ship.

Winchester figured this out, not early enough for me, that it was costing more money than inventory that they had to sit on for a few months.

Unlike you, I have 100% first-hand knowledge of JIT and how much it sucks and how it nearly bankrupted me in the process.

If in fact you had anything to do with the advent of JIT, which I completely doubt, you deserve repeated beatings to your nutsack with a cane. It is without a doubt one of the worst things to hit the manufacturing arena since OSHA.

One of these days, when I'm 90, I'll be able to say that I've forgotten more about the firearms industry than you will ever know, but I'm in my prime and unlike you, I'm not forced to guess, since the memory chip is working just fine.

So, now that I've proven that photobucket and this site work pretty well..........

WHERE'S THE PIC LIAR