Originally Posted by sdgunslinger
Originally Posted by alpinecrick
Originally Posted by tangozulu
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

We exterminated deer, elk, bighorns, pronghorns, and moose, too--what was the reason again?

Casey

It was good for farmers and ranchers?

Yep--that and subsistence hunting by early miners and settlers. And the ranchers and farmers screamed bloody murder when deer and elk populations began to be plentiful again.........even using the same phrases and threats I see on these wolf forums.

I guess history does repeat itself.

Casey

uncontrolled subsistence hunting and flat out market gunning had alot more to do with it than any "plan" by farmers and ranchers .....of course alot of those subsistence hunters were the early farmers and ranchers .

You are absolutely right--but I didn't suggest otherwise.........

But what I will flat out say is; when uncontrolled subsistence and market hunting was curtailed and weird ideas like wildlife management, seasons, and hunting licenses were instituted, the resentment back then appeared to be similar to what we are hearing on this thread about wolves.........they just hadn't invented the word "enviromentalist" yet...........

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.