Originally Posted by tangozulu
Originally Posted by Dog_Hunter
What gets me is that the vast majority of "pro" wolf/grizzly people (even those here in MT) have never seen one let alone have experience with these animals. By experience I mean had them come into camp and chase horses around on the picket line, run cattle through fences and such.

At most they "saw the back of one in Yellowstone".

There are exceptions to this of course, but very few IME.

I am sure most of the anti-wolf crowd has never seen one either. Half seem to live in states with no wolves.

You are likely correct but IME the vast majority of people who have actually seen and interacted with these animals have strong negative feelings about them.

Originally Posted by alpincrik
Originally Posted by Dog_Hunter

What gets me is that the vast majority of "pro" wolf/grizzly people (even those here in MT) have never seen one let alone have experience with these animals. By experience I mean had them come into camp and chase horses around on the picket line, run cattle through fences and such.

At most they "saw the back of one in Yellowstone".

There are exceptions to this of course, but very few IME.

Of course, black bears, lions, and coyotes have all done the same thing--but we don't hear the same vitrol about those critters.......

Casey

Yes, you are correct too. However, I don't believe I have ever had a rancher not allow me to hunt those critters on their land when I have asked. I know lots of ranchers in MT and ID that want every bear, lion and coyote on their land killed. Many still shoot every predator they see, regardless of the law to include birds of prey. That is just the way they are. Like it or not many still do things the way their fathers and grandfathers did.

I am not in the mood to be getting into a pissing match with you two. I gotta go check traps in the morning. Goodnight.