Well folks it's been a few years since the 338 federal was commercialized and we have learned a lot, but still have more to go. And not only that, but anyone with an interest in the 338 Fed must have come to some conclusion that maybe goes against what they have been hearing. So here are my thoughts/questions/comments...

1)Why the 210 grain Nosler Partition???
This is a bullet designed for deep penetration with a high impact velocity. The Fed spits the 210 Part. out at a mediocre velocity. So why the the 210 Partition???

2)Has anyone actually chronographed factory ammo through a 338 Fed? With the mild velocity of the Fed., all fps count! Did the people at Federal lie to sell rifles???

3)People have been killing some big animals with the 338 Federal, but nothing big at ranges more than 150 yards or so... Does somebody wanna sponsor me so I can retrieve data??? I want dead bull elk at 250-300 yards... Elk hunting can be a long range affair! Right? Is the Fed and elk cartridge or not?

4)IMR 8208 XBR???-I need to try this stuff out. I want my Fed. to shoot my 200 grain Hornady's atleast 2600 fps. That would put some air in my tires for sure. Anybody beat me to the punch??

So gents, and ladies, what ya think?