Originally Posted by ringworm
how many factory loads are there?
who other than the originator loads for it?
how many factory rifles are chambered for it?

It will never reach the success it needs to become anything other than a flash in the pan, sorry.

it will end up in the same place as the 260, 280rem and the 358.
Great round for its intended purpose but just didnt catch on with the mainstream.

1) Two boxes, each half empty, in my house. And about a dozen or so handloats. Don't really care what they sell, though, cause I kinda know how to make my own...

2) Who cares? Their loss...

3) Couple-three Rugers; Sakos; Kimbers; and I think a couple more.

4) It's already reached far beyond the point of "flash in the pan" -- otherwise this conversation wouldn't be going on. Think about it; you might get it...

5) The same place as the .260, .280, and .358 (OK, mine are a .35 Whelen and a .356 Win, but I used to have a .358 as well) is...in my gunsafe! If you actually think the .260 and the .280 are not successes, you need to learn how to think about rifles and cartridges. I guess if you just want to own the top five cartridges and won't buy them otherwise -- then go for it, but remember that your ownership has neither personal character nor actual value, it's just so many images.

And oh by the way..."mainstream" is a pretty irrelevant set for any cartridge acquisition -- we're a small group.

Buy what you want...I could care less. But don't adopt the idea that you can guess what will happen to a given cartridge. There have been quite a number of people, over the past 130 years or so, who were quite certain that the .45-70 would disappear... grin.

You'll have to wait a long time past three years to make an equal judgement on the .338 Federal, and a whole set of other cartridges.

Dennis

"The more you run over a dead cat, the flatter it gets."

"If you're asking me something technical, you may be looking for My Other Brother Darrell."

"It ain't foot-pounds that kills stuff -- it's broken body parts."