I've had mine since 2007...a Ruger 77 Mk II RSI with a PacNor barrel. To answer your questions in order, what I know anything about:

1) I haven't used Partitions since 1982 or '83, because I don't like either their level of accuracy or performance in game. So that's not an issue to me. I do shoot 200 gr Hornady Interlocks, and they run about 2550 fps out of my 18.5" barrel. They also kill game very nicely.

2)The 185 TSX and 200 gr Fusion factory loads seem to shoot right about where they claim. My handloads are just a hair faster.

3) Don't plan to sponsor anyone hunting, except maybe my wife and daughters smile. I would have exactly zero qualms about shooting elk at 300 yards with either the 185 TSX at starting at 2600 fps or the 200 Hornady starting at 2550 fps. I did take it elk hunting one day this past fall, but didn't get a shot.

4) I use Re 15 pretty much exclusively in the .338 Fed these days. I tried some others, but the combination of accuracy and velocity is hard to beat. If I had a 22" barrel, breaking 2600 fps with a 200 gr Hornady would be a snap-simple event with Re 15.

I think that the .338 Fed is one of the better cartridges brought out in a long time, and I am very fond of mine. Here's a deer I killed two falls ago with mine...

[Linked Image]

I like it a lot...

Dennis

"The more you run over a dead cat, the flatter it gets."

"If you're asking me something technical, you may be looking for My Other Brother Darrell."

"It ain't foot-pounds that kills stuff -- it's broken body parts."