Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally, the Tea Party movement was an angry reaction against globalist neoconism in the Republican Party, and Wilsonian progressivism in the Democrat Party, i.e., big government internationalism in both parties.

Once again political naivete at work, confusing the national geopolitical interest with the "globalism" one government scare tactic, when what they really mean is Isolationism, a failed strategy that never worked and never will. The United States has, since it's inception had a hand in international issues and while I fully admit our track record also reflects political naivete (as in trying to turn tribal based societies into western-style democracies) any nation that has ever attempted isolationism loses out in the end. And BTW, in virtually every TP rally I saw on the news, there was clear and complete support for our war against Islamo-facism. So much for isolationists...jorge

Last edited by jorgeI; 02/16/10.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”