Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Then stop calling me a NEOCON because it isn't even close to what I believe in. jorge
The key identifier is giving casual lip service to social, economic, and monetary, conservatism, so long as pursuing these in no way interferes with an aggressive foreign policy of pursuing worldwide military and political hegemony.

"lip service" Now there's a quantifiable measure of effectiveness. Your lst sentence continues to reaffirm your inability to discern the differences between the national interest and political-military hegemony for the sake of power. On more than one occassion I've expressed my opposition to nation-building, the Peace Corps and any other altruisitic endeavors that have nothing to do with geopolitics. As to the "war monger" issue it's beyond contempt. Implying that some of us like war for the hell of it or based on some tongue in cheek comments I've made regarding "glory" is ridiculous. Obviously I overestimated some folks' abilities to tell the difference. jorge

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”