Greetings.....I posted on ask the gunwriters a while back about the 300 WSM and the tikka T3 and Sako A7.....as everybody probably knows the tikka is a long action with a bolt stop for the 308 length cartridges and the A7 can be had either long or short or mag short for the WSM's....i think i'm going to go with the 300WM in the tikka T3 stainless for a couple of reasons....i believe that limbsaver makes a pad for the T3 ( please correct me if i'm wrong).....i think it could use a limbsaver because of the light weight....i want to shoot that 200gr. AB with that astronomical BC....i have a tikka 6.5X55 and the accuracy claims are good by me so far......i want the rifle to be capable of the long range shot thats maybe not at the best angle because i live east and will probably not be able to go west or alaska but a couple of times....$$$$$......i think i may need the confidence of the paper ballistics while afield....i can't see going all that way and having the animal just a little to far....i'm gonna shoot....from what reading the recoil is gonna be stiff even after the limbsaver and the weight 0f a leupold 3X10 40mm....i'll spend the time and the $$$$ at the range until i can shoot it well in all positions.....at least thats my plan....regards......bearit.....forgot to mention just got a 5 rd. clip for my 6.5 for varmint hunting,a little expensive....i have to admit you have to get used to the look of it....it does stick down from the belly of the gun butfor me it does not really interfere with carry of the gun....i know that the 30/06 has always gotten the job done but as MY large game(moose,elk brown bear hunting may be a once or maybe twice in a lifetime thing i'm gonna go with the 300WM for the extra reach.....bearit....