Originally Posted by Coyote_Hunter
Let�s face it � if you can�t get it done with a .30-30 you just need to learn to �hunt� rather than �snipe�.

A .308 Win has way more recoil than a �hunter� needs to put up with and that recoil makes it difficult to shoot well. Don�t even get me started on the .30-06 or, more ridiculous yet, the .300 Win Mag.

It�s an invariable rule - the bigger the cartridge, the smaller the shooter�s man parts! People that shoot a .300 Win need a magnifying glass to take a whiz.

wink
.....................Coyote Hunter! And your next jokes are??????

Would you take a 30-30 on a sheep hunt, where the killing ranges are likely to be beyond 400 yards? What if one can`t get closer without spookin the game and yet still have an opportunity for a 400+ yard shot on a nice trophy??

Would you take a 30-30 on an open plains pronghorn hunt? Open ranged elk hunt? How about them big bears? 30-30 for them too?

The 30-30 has its good uses for what is was designed to do, which may fit perfectly into your particular,,,,,"shorter ranged",,,,hunting needs.

Although I cannot speak for the others, I will speak for myself. Now maybe you think a 180 grainer fired from a 308 is "more recoil" than most hunters need. But for me, and I`ll bet for quite a few others as well, that is,,, "chump change",,, recoil.

And!.........Speaking again for myself anyway, and after 35+ years of reloading/shooting/hunting with a 300 Win Mag, plus 3 years of reloading/shooting/hunting with a 300 WSM including 2 years reloading/shooting/hunting with a 375 Ruger, plus shooting experience with a bunch of other hi-powered magnums, (with great accuracy), I can`t still find my privates without looking down, AND without the need of a magnifyer.

Could it be,,,that you yourself,,,can`t handle the biggys and shoot them straight???? Sounds like you`re a little jealous there uh????????????.....LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger