I got my first deer with that '06, and got a nice blacktail with it while hunting with an old college buddy I hadn't seen in over a decade... it's a lucky rifle. On top of that it's very accurate and feels great in my hands in that Mountain LSS stock. Love it.

I have flirted with the idea of selling off X number of scopes and rifles, with the end goal being to have fewer, but truly first-rate, items. It's a thought. I love my rifles too much though, I think.

Uh... what's a Summit cost anyway? Dare I ask?

I have not decided on the fargin' mule deer hunt yet. It has the problems we talked about. Mostly, I have all these damn pref points for Oregon, but, I don't know anyone ELSE who does except my brother, whom I've been buying points for for the last 8 years. And he's not in a position to really do a proper hunt (baby in the house, wife working and in school, etc). So I'm in this wierd limbo.

That said, my elk buddy Jerry says he'll go with me to spot and just be along for the ride if I do (say) a Trout Creek Mountains or Steens hunt. Those are two of the primo areas. Deer numbers are "down" compared to some years, they say, however.

I don't know what to do, I just know I want to DO IT! grin

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!