Originally Posted by maddog
for cape buff and ele? I realize softs/solids on the buff, and solids all the way for the ele. But, Barnes, Noslers, Hornady, Woodleighs? How do I do some initial sorting out, before I wind up buying way to many bullets to try?

Also, what are the chances of loading softs and solids and getting them to hit at the same POI? I want the loads to be around 2400 fps, does that nock some of the bullets out initially[ie: Barnes]?

maddog

First, you don't need solids for buffalo any more unless you are shooting Sierras or some other tinfoil bullet. With todays's premiums, you only need solids for elephant, rhino or body shots on Hippos on land. Personally I've shot buff with A Frames (375 and 416 Rigby) and they were magnificent. Today and if your rifle shoots them, there is no better bullet in terms of penetration and performance than the TSX and for your 375 I'd go with the 270gr pushed as fast as I could get it. jorge

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”