Yeah toad,
Nothing wrong with the 270gr TSX.I will use them, but for another application. The reason why I have gone with the 235gr is quite simple. In the case that a client uses my rifle in .308, and he has no problem with me carrying a backup rifle, it will always mean that , if I have to step in I usually have a quite far and running shot. Thus , with a bit more speed and fps I dont quite have to calculate too much lead in trying to get a shot in. I always want my client to down his own animal, so I will leave it till the last. Then the lighter bullet gets there a little quicker. So the reason why the lighter bullets , is solely on a backup perspective in preventing a lossed animal. Hope that makes sense...

...and regarding what JJHack said, I could not agree more. To me there is no way you can compare softs with TSX. The TSX are simply in a league of their own. Also, dont understand the logic of putting a soft in followed by the solids. Are the solids there to fix what the soft could not achieve first up...why not then just go with the solids in the firts place. But sure...TSX over all!

Last edited by KMG; 10/03/10.

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris
Professional Hunter and Outfitter
South Africa, Namibia, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Zambia
http://www.huntsafaris.co.za
[email protected]