Originally Posted by atkinsonhunting
Jorge1,
I don't disagree with your posts at all, but I believe their are options to be considered and they work..All the old guys are not gone and I know many PHs today that prefer a client to use solids even today...I think if you hunt with a PH, you should abide by his suggestions, but thats just me, nobody has to follow that advise, its your hunt and your footing the bill.

I Belive the lighter monolithics are great buffalo bullets like the .270 gr. TSX for instance, and prefer it to the 300 or 350 in a monolithic as I believe velocity is what makes a monolithics work..

I also am satisfied that Swifts are excellent, GS Custom HPs, Nosler partitions work, most of todays bullets kill buffalo well on broadside shots, and I don't place much faith in how a bullet kills one or two buffalo, I like to see their long haul record.

For my part, I want a flat nose solid or a cup point, IF I am dealing with a wounded bull, if I am shooting a bull length wise from either end, otherwise I am perfectly content with any of todays premium bullets for a broadside shot and yes I do have my favorites.

My favorites, for what its worth, are the 350 gr. 375 Woodleighs, the 450 gr. 416 Woodlleighs, the GS Customs bullets and I still like the good old 400 gr. Nosler Partition in the .416. I respect others choice of bullets most of the time, and that is their business not mine to start with.

Ray, where do you get ahold of your GS Custom bullets. They are as close to Barnes TSX that you will get. Their factory is about 3 miles from where I stay. I since stopped using them , because there is now a 12 week waiting time on an order, and as you know with the amount of rounds I shoot , I simply cannot wait for them that long. Is it not sad that it is easier to get a hold of Barnes,which is foreign, than bullets that are made 3 miles down the road. But GS Custom are really good. I have not had one failure on them ever. I use to use their HV monolithics bullets, and still have a couple that I will shoot out.

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris
Professional Hunter and Outfitter
South Africa, Namibia, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Zambia
http://www.huntsafaris.co.za
[email protected]