HI there,

as stated in another thread, I'm just back home from a Nambinian hunting trip(and now suffering one of the most awful african disease: PSD for Post Safari Depression. I try to cure it eating biltong but I'm afraid it won't be enough whistle ). I used the 270 grains TSX (sako factory loads, known as "powerhead" loads). Hunting mostly in the bushy and stalking as much as possible, ranges varied from 70 to 160 meters. From 5 of 7 bagged games I recovered 6 bullets.

I was hunting antelopes only. The bullets worked pretty good every time I did my job but I have noticed only 2 of 6 remained in one piece:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

From left to tight: Gemsbok (4 petals missing, remains: 186/270 grains), Gemsbok bis (3 petals missing, remains: 211.5/270 grains), Kudu (2 petals missing, remains: 229/270 grains), Blue Wildebeest (2 petals missing, remains: 249.7/270 grains), Burchell's Zebra (worked as advertised, remains: 270 / 270 grains), red Hartebeest (idem).

Bullet went through

I lost one hartebeest but I believe it was my mistake, not the bullet.

Strongest game reaction: the zebra, broad side heart shot @ 150 meters, it still ran 300 meters befor it felt down, no blood on the track on the 150 first meters and the expansion was of the "advertised" kind.

My observations on that little experiment base:

1. Worked good
2. strong game, no pass trhough, especially with 3/4 facing shots (which are the quickest killing ones through)
3. Hard hits: bullets broken apart in their front section.

Hope this can help in bullet selection.

Last edited by grand_veneur; 07/30/10.

Va t'in tch�re !